After witnessing the destruction of his home planet, Armor Man finds support among the stars.
“Armor Man” is a story about holding on to that seed of hope, even if the entire galaxy seems to be plotting against you. The chance to plant that seed might just give birth to an entire civilization.
The style of “Armor Man” emerged from one of Alex Glawion’s previous films “The Risk not Taken”. The entire world is shaped by using abstract, brush-like forms.
Alex Glawion’s short films are known to be heavily influenced by his artistic experimentations. Although the overarching story would stay the same, individual scenes can be heavily altered from the storyboard in favor of emotional emergence and artistic expression.
The animated short film “Armor Man” was created over the course of 3 years.
- Directed by Alex Glawion
- Format: Cinemascope
- Running Time: 2:54min
- Stereo 2.0
- DCP available
- Software: Cinema 4D, Redshift, Blender, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition
- Music by Martin Pühringer
- Hamburg Kurzfilm Festival 2021 – Official Selection
- Berlin Flash Film Festival 2020 – Monthly Category Winner
- IFA Istanbul Film Awards 2020 – Winner
- Paris Film Festival 2020 – Official Nomination
- Across the Globe Film Festival 2020 – Finalist
- The Monthly Film Festival 2020 – Official Selection
- DailyShortPicks Badge
- Direct Monthly Online Film Festival 2020